Liebster Award Winner!
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
1. I am a 5th grade Language Arts and Social Studies teacher.
2. I am a high school girls’ track and field coach.
3. I went to college when I was 41.
4. I’ve been to Disney World more than 20 times in my life – I live in Ohio.
5. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
6. Growing up, I wanted to be a WWII fighter pilot for the flying Tigers - WWII ended 19 years before I was born.
7. I wrote my first story when I was in 4th grade – it was a series, “Super Joe.”
8. My best friend, Willie, my brother, David, and I drew our own comic book characters and made our own books.
9. My football jersey was 82, and I picked it because it was the year I graduated.
10. One of my goals is to run a marathon.
11. The St. Louis Rams have been my favorite football team since I was 12.
Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
1. Who is your favorite author? JR.R. Tolkien.
2. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment? Raising two great sons, going to school when I was in my 40s, coaching a state champion, and getting published.
3. What prompted you to create your blog/website? It was an assignment in grad school.
4. How do you decide which guests to invite to participate in your blog? Random.
5. What is your favorite music genre to listen to? 70s and 80s rock – Van Halen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Etc.
6. Which advice would you give an aspiring writer? Never throw an idea away. Keep plugging away.
7. What book are you reading now? Sign of the Beaver, with my 5th grade class.
8. What genre do you prefer to read? Fantasy
9. If you could go anywhere and money wasn't an obstacle, where would you go?
I would travel Europe and the Mediterranean.
10. What do you do for fun?
I read, write, jog, play games with my grandsons, travel and watch movies.